I would like to introduce this incredibly useful post written by Jenni Sunde, who is a freelance fashion writer. With so many trends coming out every season, narrowing down to just a few is a mission... So what do you buy? What do you stay away from?...
My take on the s/s 2011 trends coming up in the next post along with an event presentation by Suzanne Timmins :)
Top 10 runway trends for spring 2011
This spring, romanticism is in. Beauty is expressed through whimsical outfits that accentuate femininity with bright colors, statement jewelry, and eye-popping patterns. Now is the time to update your wardrobe to embrace the light, flowing fashions of spring. So pay attention to these trends while you shop around for the fashion musts of the season:
- Whites are big: Perhaps the most dominant color of spring isn’t a color at all, it's white dresses, flowy blouses, and clean cut trousers are going to be seen everywhere.
- Long, flowing dresses and skirts are in: Bohemian romanticism of long and flowy garments is big this year. Pair these with fabulous sandal wedges for a perfectly hip look.
- Prim and proper, ladylike forms are popular this spring: There are a lot of quasi-retro, feminine silhouettes on the runways this spring. Dresses and skirts that accentuate the curviness of the female form and make for a fun, flirty, and elegant trend.
- Print mixing is one of the most noticeable trends of this spring. Outfits with a combination of stripes, florals, and plaids in eye-popping colors are a huge hit.
- 70’s sensibility is back, again. Once again, the fashion cycle has come full circle and updated favorites from the 70’s are all over the runways and in stores just waiting make your wardrobe complete.
- Blue jeans are a hit again with an unmatched staying power. As is always true, you can’t go wrong with a good pair of jeans. This season it is all about the wide leg jean.
- Bright, block colors are all the rage. Dresses and skirts that feature solid tones are a favorite of several designers this spring.
- Animal prints are in for another round. This season you will see a lot of zebra striped garments and some neutral toned, reptilian skin patterns as well.
- Lace is the most romantic of all. Lace tops and dresses add a hint of romantic innocence to the wardrobe this spring.
- Statement jewelry in bright colors is a great way to accessorize. Lots of earrings, rings, and bracelets in the same bright tones that are popular in clothes this season are a great way to finish off a fabulous outfit.
What is your must-have trend for the S/S 2011 season?
With Love... Marta
Image Source: Teen Vogue: March 2011
About the author: Jenni Sunde is a freelance fashion writer and pop culture junkie.
As one of the editors with a fashion careers blog, Jenni specializes in all things fashion-related.
From designer profiles to careers in fashion, Jenni loves to write and explore all facets of style.
With her love of art and all things beautiful, she delights in sharing her sense of style
from her closet to your computer monitor.