Hello Darlings, Packing — it’s a love/hate affair! The anticipation of going someplace new makes me jump for joy but planning a wardrobe for the unexpected makes me panic. There is nothing worse than forgetting a favorite pair of pumps or a charger. Nonetheless, packing is an integral part of travel and one that can actual become enjoyable once you determine what type of traveler you are.
Personally, I enjoy travelling light and always looking for ways to pack less. I prefer not exceed two suitcases as having too many choices can be frustrating when you’re on the go. Packing is all about strategy, so consider the below and decide accordingly:
• Business or pleasure?
• Where am I going?
• Agenda and planned activities?
For my current trip I planned for the following: One week or so in Florida. The weather is in the mid-30s. Aside from staying active, working and catching up on reading, the plan is to do as little as possible. So for this trip, I packed a carry-on with the following key 10 items:
1. Bikini - Depending on the length of your vacation, be sure to bring enough bikinis to keep you looking amazing.
2. Sunglasses - A pair of sunglasses to keep your eyes protected and to look chic sans make-up.
3. Laptop - I won’t travel without my laptop. It is as simple as that.
4. Floppy Hat – It not only looks glamorous but covers your face from the sun and keeps your hair color from fading.
5. SPF - I am obsessed with sun safety. I use sunblock all the time including a lip balm with SPF.
6. Simple Top – A versatile top that can be worn with just about anything. I love nautical stripes for a beach vacation.
7. Books - I am always reading a book and a vacation is a perfect time to start or finish one. Currently, I am reading The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho and loving it.
8. Denim Shorts – A pair of comfortable pair of shorts can be dressed up or down.
9. Leather Flip Flops – I am not a fan of rubber flip flops and a pair in leather is must more chic.
10. Runners – I’ve made a commitment to stay in shape this year, therefore my work out gear comes everywhere with me.
What do you plan on vacationing next?