Among many recent fabulous events, OPI Nail Lacquer hosted a dinner with Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, the creative mastermind behind the brand. Suzi’s nickname is The First Lady of Nails and aptly so as she creates every shade based on her insights into beauty and fashion trends, and is involved in naming all the colours (hello dream job)!
Stephanie Piano attended the OPI dinner at the cozy Ciao Wine Bar in Yorkville on behalf of WithLoveGabrielle, and here are 10 interesting insights she took away from the experience:
1. Holiday 2012 is ALL about glitter – but if you’re hesitant about the trend – try adding glitter to one nail on each hand (my favorite is the ring finger).
2. Blue is a huge trend that Suzi expects to last many seasons, with different shades popular each season.
3. Spring 2013 is all about orange and coral. Yellow will also be big, but is a difficult nail colour to wear.
4. The shatter trend is done, but 2013 promises to have LOTS of innovation!
5. Be sure your nails are always groomed, as it’s something people notice and judge (including men)!
6. Women all over the world are obsessed with their nails, and want the trends and innovations immediately.
7. Forget your reservations about ‘office appropriate’ colours – anything goes now!
8. Celebrities usually are very involved in determining and approving polishes using their names.
9. Suzi’s 3 must-haves (besides great colours) are cuticle oil, drip dry, and top coat.
10. Nicole by OPI is named after Suzi’s niece (her brother-in-law started OPI in 1981 and is the President).
OPI is launching Selena Gomez collection, with 14 new lacquers that range from soft peaches and pinks to bright confetti and glitters. My favorites are: Love Song, Pretty in Plum, Scarlett, Mi Fantasia, Sweet Dreams and Inner Sparkle.
Thank you Stephanie for the event coverage, and thanks OPI and Langton PR for the invitation! Curious to hear what are your nail care favorites?